Hello everyone

Go down

Hello everyone

Post  jambees on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Smile This is a great sight. Bailey is the first dog I have ever had she has been in our family for about 5 mths now we got her from th spca . I am hopeing to get some advice on a good dog food that is not going to break the bank . We have tried a few but they give her the runs. Also I need some good toys for her that she will not just tear apart in just a few minutes any advice would be greatly appreciated.
jambees

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello everyone

Post  Desjardo on Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:38 pm

I feed my puppy Innova large breed puppy formula and raw diest in the evenings. Innova is a great food with very few fillers, and the price is comparable to Iams, and such. I buy it from Critters, which is in the stores section if you don't know where it is.
If you look in the nutrition section I have added a website that rates dry dog foods based on ingredients.
I reccommend making sure who ever makes your dog food uses human grade ingredients.
Desjardo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Innova/ Evo

Post  Charliehorse on Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:48 am

Hi, I fed my dog Innova puppy and we're switching him to Evo for the adult food (they're both made by innova). Because they're so high in protein and low in fillers ease him in slowly because it's very rich. We've been transitioning Charlie for over a month now. The Evo is based on a raw diet, just in kibble form. If you want good teeth and muscle and less shedding I think Evo is a good one to try. An added bonus: after a day or two in the yard, his turds turn to dust!
Charliehorse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow on Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 am

here are some ideas for toys;

a empty pop bottle with something like pebbles to make a noise, put the lid tightly back. Take it away before destroyed;

Get three strips of felt or other fabric; tie the ends, braid, tie to finish;

stuffed animals from garage sales, value village, etc. Just watch they have embroydered eyes, or cut the eyes off. If they get ruined soon its no big deal. You can buy the squeeky thing to sew into it if your so inclined.

Those Kong toys are great with a bit of cheese or treats in them.

A hard boiled egg sometimes can work if not a threat of choaking.

A rectangular fabric with a knot in the middle was one of the most popular here.

A cheap and easy dog bed. Get a pillow sham, unstitch the seam that makes it have a ruffle around the edge; put a folded up old blanket into it. Easy to wash, looks nice, can get second hand shams for cheap.

These are dependant on the dog of course, work for some not others.
Hummingbird Hollow

View user profile http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Thanks

Post  jambees on Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:28 pm

Thanks for the info on food I will check into it. Also thanks for the ideas for homemade toys funny how the simple things you just don't think of. I made a bunch of ropes and braids for her with an old flannel sheet she loves it and much cheaper. Very Happy
jambees

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum