D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Human Grade Vitamins

4 posters

Go down

Human Grade Vitamins Empty Human Grade Vitamins

Post  Charliehorse Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Dogs sometimes pick up cold-like symptoms when they are around other dogs. They could be sneezing, coughing, have runny noses or eyes. Kennel cough is so contagious that dogs can pick it up from sniffing the sidewalk an infected dog has walked on! I don't usually run to the doctor for myself every time I have a sneeze or cough and I don't want to do it for my dog either. The couple of times he's had a sneezy day, I've given him a dose of vitamin C and echinacea and it cleared it up right away. If it's a puppy or they symptoms are severe, I would definitely get to the vet, but for an otherwise healthy adult dog vitamins should do the trick.

Another thing I give my dog with his meals as preventative maintenance is a couple capsules of glucosamine (available with the vitamins in the human pharmacy). He's 150 lbs so I'm not taking any chances with joint problems later on. Glucosamine isn't a cure for dysplasia or arthritis, rather, it's a raw material that will help the body produce cartilage so it's good prevention.

These are just a couple of things I've figured out. Let me know if you've found anything else different that works!
Charliehorse
Charliehorse

Back to top Go down

Human Grade Vitamins Empty Re: Human Grade Vitamins

Post  Desjardo Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:34 pm

Very interseting. Never thought of using human vitamins but I bet the price is much better than dog brand's vitamins.
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Human Grade Vitamins Empty vitamins

Post  DragynGurl Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:22 am

My springers have been taking vit c and cranberry pills for a year now as Nikki was having some bladder issues, we haven't seen a recurrence of the issue since giving them these supplements daily, and it's definitely been worth it.
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Post  neVar Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:31 am

I add in glucosomaine as well as fish oil into my dogs raw food (when i ground my own i just ground it right in) i also add in a few other viatmins (D, etc) and thiamin for the cats when they were on raw
neVar
neVar

http://www.RavenwoodTack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum