D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy is learning!

4 posters

Go down

Andy is learning! Empty Andy is learning!

Post  Desjardo Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:01 pm

Took Andy to her first get togethor today at Hummingbird hollow. They have started a weekly class until the snow falls or it gets too cold, and it is just great.
We did some obedience and agility - they have a wonderful setup. I was so proud of my puppy!
If you have a dog or puppy this looks like the beginning of a great way to meet people and train your dog!

Thanks for all the training tips!
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Andy is learning! Empty Re: Andy is learning!

Post  Hummingbird Hollow Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 pm

We enjoyed having you - thanks for the donughts! I guess we should also mention that there is no charge for this, we are just having fun.
Hummingbird Hollow
Hummingbird Hollow

http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:04 am

Can't wait for next week! Going to be applying what I learned all week. Maybe find something to build a make shift jump, and table for practise as well.
We actually did about 20mins targeting before she got food this morning. I find its a good time before she eats. Food drive is off charts....lol
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  keno Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:27 pm

Keno and I had a really good time there too last night although she would've just as soon sniffed the dogs all night instead. The weather turned out to be perfect. I'm looking forward to the next class too. I'm not sure if every week though, maybe every other or twice monthly.
keno
keno

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:36 pm

I think thats is the great thing about this. Non formal and you can go anytime. I am wondering if we should almost make it a club once we get enough people. Even if the host is unavailable one week we could have someone else do it almost anywhere. We could always do obedience in someones yard should she be unavailable. And possibly consider - if we have enough people - doing a couple classes somewhere in the winter months to pass time. It's possible that someone would allow us to use their space for tarining if we look around...
Keno was great. I think she really enjoyed it. She looked extremely proud when she did the agility.
Next week I will bring my camera and we can get some nice shots of us and our pets!
Can't wait...
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Andy is learning! Empty Dog Training

Post  sharizma Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:38 pm

Hey, I've been away for a couple of weeks,so know nothing about it. What day of the week are you meeting, where etc.

Thanks.
sharizma
sharizma

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:07 pm

I figure you got the announcement by now. The thred is now loctade at https://sdog.forumotion.com/dog-training-f4/weekly-obedience-agility-group-free-t61.htm
Can't wait for next class!
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  keno Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Yeah, I'm looking forward to next Thursday too. Keno is slowly loosing weight. She surprised me though with her energy on willingness to participate. I always had her figured to be the one to stop and smell the roses. It's what she's always tried to do when we go for our walks. I was impressed with all the dogs. Andy seemed the most willing to try. I hope more come next time. Later...
keno
keno

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:42 pm

Keno -- did you come all the way from Martinsville? Thats quite the drive. She brought the cookies too folks, yummy raisin oat big homemade cookies. I look at the left overs and think I really should freeze and share with everyone next week, but I am nibbling and they are still on the counter. With left over donuts and cookies, hey I am onto a good thing here!

Lets try for every week, I thought it was good doing the obedience, and then have a more casual play with the agility for those who want it. I know we will cancel lots so if we just go every second week we may never see each other. You have a long way to come, and I am sure others cant' make it every week either, but we can work around that --no worries!
Hummingbird Hollow
Hummingbird Hollow

http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  keno Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:58 am

I'm glad you all enjoyed the cookies. Yes they were homemade but not by me. I bought them at the local bakery before I came out. I did come from Martensville and it is quite a drive. That's why I didn't stay as late as everyone else, especially since I have to get up between 5 & 6 AM. But next time I'll stay longer because Keno wanted to stay too.
keno
keno

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down