D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota.

3 posters

Go down

I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota. Empty I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota.

Post  DragynGurl Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:04 am

This is my princess, Nikota aka Nikki. I have had her since the day she was born, as I owned her parents. She is now 12.5 years old and starting to show her age. Nikki is generally a suck, but she's not big on social interactions with other dogs, other than her daughter Roxy, and mood depending, my two social cats Kahlua and Kiana.

Nikota has had a long, complicated life. Her mother was ran over when she was just over 7 weeks old, so I ended up keeping her, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. She was the runt of the litter, and a picky puppy. She didn't want to join her 9 siblings for meals, so she had to be bottle fed longer than the others and fed moist cat food.. today we're lucky if she even tastes her food before it's gone. lol.
She had a litter of 11 puppies in dec of 02, two of which were still born. 7 boys and 2 girls surviving. When the pups were about 2 months old Nikki went in to the vet to get microchipped as she was only tattooed, and she had a lump on her muzzle, I thought it was just a puppy bite, but the vet aspirated it and I got the wake up call of my life, it was a soft tissue sarcoma.. all my veterinary office training went out the window and i forgot what cancer was and what was needed to deal with it, to me cancer = death. 500$ later the lump was removed and I had my baby back, 6.5 yrs later she is still with us.

I have a feeling her cancer has come back, but at her age and at her mobility and energy level I will just leave her alone until she shows me it's time for her to go.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=5614936&id=777825625
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota. Empty Re: I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota.

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Well I would love to see your puppy but in order for us to see your puppy you would have to add us all on facebook... Easiest way is to make an account at photobucket.com or any other image host... Hope to see Nikota soon...
Sounds like a wonderful companion!
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  DragynGurl Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:59 pm

sorry, i don't know how to post pictures on here.. but here is a link to my photobucket. hopefully that works.
https://s793.photobucket.com/albums/yy217/Dragyn_Gurl/
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:37 pm

When you look at your photos(point mous at image) on photobucket you will see a box appera with several codes. HTML, IMG etc. Copy the code beside the IMG heading. Then simply paste it anywhere within your message.. It is called bbcode and will work unless the website has diabled it. This works on Kijijji and any forum you use....
Hers Nikki....
I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota. DSCF0276
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:02 am

Is that birthday cake in her dish? One spoiled little girl and I can see why, she is a cutie.

Don't worry about the photos, it took me a while to learn too. But we have a very patient teacher here.
Hummingbird Hollow
Hummingbird Hollow

http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota. Empty I'll Start with my oldest, Nikota.

Post  DragynGurl Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:20 am

it is birthday cake, for her 11th birthday. I got her a cake from pet-i-coat for her 12th (and what i thought was last..).. She is spoiled, a very important part of our family.
Thanks.
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down