Dog friendly travel

Go down

Dog friendly travel

Post  Desjardo on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:40 am

OK, so I took a job with CN Rail. Much better money and way more of a career than a job. The downfall is that for a while I will be travelling from here to the west coast. Where? Anywhere the tracks go. I work 8 hour days so that leaves a lot of time when there is no o/t available so I want to bring my dog on some trips.
I have a Van with sleeper seats in the back and plenty of room for her kennel and my stuff. In the summer I plan on staying at camp grounds with the van. Though I am curious what is the best thing to do with Andy while I go to work. I can't keep a kennel in a truck all day nor would I leave my dog in the truck to begin with. Any ideas here?
Also during the colder months I will be staying at...well anywhere I want in the area. I can stay at hotel, hostel, motel, hotel. Anything. I just would like to bring Andy when possible. If you know of or have stayed at a pet friendly place let me know. Would be appreciated.
Desjardo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dog friendly travel

Post  pattymac on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:28 pm

From what I discovered, most Super 8's take pets and on our trip put and back from Ontario, no place we stopped said 'no pets', most were the little ma and pa places. I think alot of places are realizing that people travel with their pets alot and if they say no pets then they lose out on that business. I think in this economy they can't really afford to do that.

pattymac

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow on Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:51 pm

You could always check B&B's -- they may go out of their way to help.
Hummingbird Hollow

View user profile http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  neVar on Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:20 pm

yup super 8's and red roof inn's are pretty good for pets- size does play in in some places (as they take 'small' dogs but not others).

So whatcha doing for CN? i had a ex who was a conductor boy when the layoffs came that made life interesting- nothing like on call with a 5 hour drive to get there!
neVar

View user profile http://www.RavenwoodTack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:55 pm

I bet. I am starting out with the Railway Gangs. Basically repair tracks.
I am prepared for some rough hours and jobs for the first while.
Just hoping it works out in the long run.
Desjardo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down