D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furdale Dog Park

3 posters

Go down

Furdale Dog Park Empty Furdale Dog Park

Post  sift Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:27 am

One of my favourites is the Furdale dog park (I think it has another name but I'm not sure what it is). Lots of bush trails, beach/river access, and open areas as well. For those of you who don't like dog-mobs (like at Avalon!), Furdale is a great alternative as it's somewhat rare that you run into another dog unless it's down at the beach.
sift
sift

Back to top Go down

Furdale Dog Park Empty Re: Furdale Dog Park

Post  Desjardo Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:54 am

Where is this located?
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  sift Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:57 am

Desjardo wrote:Where is this located?

South on Lorne Avenue. If you go south past Ruth on Lorne, the next available right turn is Furdale Road (I think). You follow that road past the golf course, around a couple of bends (the first bend is to the left, the second to the right) until you reach a large metal gate. There are typically vehicles parked there and I believe that there is quite a bit of signage as well. Just make sure that you park on the west (right) side of the road closest to the park. You'll get ticketed for parking on the other side!
sift
sift

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:39 pm

Wow this is a great park! I noticed upon arrival it isn't really a 'city recognized' off leash park, but they clearly allow it for that usage.
I looked on the website for this park - rolodogs.org - and found some very interesting info I will post in a new message.... Be sure to check it out...New thread will be Chief White Cap Park.
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  neVar Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm

OK great park!!!!! never even knew it existed. There used to be one Across from EnJ years ago (which made trail riding fun *L*)

Went there twice this weekend- finally found the beach (yah we walked WAY to far thinking the path would sorta take us there- NOT!) the dogs LOVED it!!!

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/video/video.php?v=152982546070&ref=mf

It's a great park for jackson- he needs the socialization- but tends to get overwhelmed at the start in Avalon as its just SO busy!
neVar
neVar

http://www.RavenwoodTack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:49 pm

I have been a regular at this park snince finding it.
I find it quite good for on leash walking as well. Many trails and smells so the puppy really needs to concentrate...
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down