D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does your dog tell you its potty time?

3 posters

Go down

How does your dog tell you its potty time? Empty How does your dog tell you its potty time?

Post  Desjardo Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:20 am

I have decided I am going to try the bell method. But thought I would post here first. I haven't had much look finding this topic on the net as I am not sure what to search for and am wondering if anyone knows of any other methods that work...
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

How does your dog tell you its potty time? Empty Re: How does your dog tell you its potty time?

Post  Charliehorse Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:23 pm

Are you kidding? He has a bladder on him like a Culligan jug! I think Charlie could go for days. I have to shove him out the door and tell him to go pee-pee and even then sometimes I think he just pretends to go so he can come back inside! I wish dogs could be litter trained. That would be ideal.
Charliehorse
Charliehorse

Back to top Go down

How does your dog tell you its potty time? Empty Re: How does your dog tell you its potty time?

Post  Desjardo Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:36 pm

LOL - Andy is great. She has only had accidents when feeling ill or after eating cat food. We just realized that soon we will have my father living with us and it is probably a good idea to teach a universal method for her to let us know. I think we are gonna try the bell. We started working on target training and she's doing great. Gonna try light switch soon.
But she is a tough sell on having a poo in her own yard!
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Charliehorse Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Smart girl, good excuse to go for a walk! Charlie holds it on his walks until he gets home lol. I know you were looking for a big bell... I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and they had little cow bells on all the tables (instead of dinging on the glasses). I'm sure they must have got them at bazaar and novelty or maybe the dollar store.
Charliehorse
Charliehorse

Back to top Go down

Post  neVar Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:12 pm

well bodi used to 'look' at you- this was also his way when you were sleeping - thanks bud lots of help...

If i'm near the back door they'll go there- otherwise IMO their job is to learn to hold it til i let them out. .. . (of course that being a proper length of time for age of dog and how long they have been house training blah blah blah)
neVar
neVar

http://www.RavenwoodTack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down