D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pet Insurance

3 posters

Go down

Pet Insurance Empty Pet Insurance

Post  Meathead Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:54 am

Is it really beneficial to have pet insurance? I think getting insurance for a dog would only be beneficial for dogs over 10 years of age, when the complications are more likely to arise rather than in a younger dog. Personally I have never purchased any but seem to notice that more and more people are getting it. Any thoughts?
Meathead
Meathead

Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance Empty Pet Insurance

Post  sharizma Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Based on the amount I have spent on my animals,horses,dogs,cats and various other pets,other than yearly vaccinations, I have had very few health issues which I could not manage on my own. It would not have been to my benefit to have pet insurance. I suppose if I had a pet with a chronic illness I could change my mind very quickly.
sharizma
sharizma

Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance Empty Re: Pet Insurance

Post  neVar Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:53 pm

it's a toss up- i've had insurance on my horses for years- currently have them uninsured.

Personally i think one is safer to just open an account (Savings bond? something? ) where you can hide 10-20 a month and just leave it there.

I think the pet insurance is medical only (in horses we have loss of use/value replacement etc). on my horses i looked at it- and insuring all 3 would put me at paying for a colic surgery in 2 years.

And i'm sure pet insurance like many exclude previous issues- so if you have a dog with bad hips- no hip surgeries etc are covered. . . so best gotten while dog is healthy etc
neVar
neVar

http://www.RavenwoodTack.com

Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance Empty Re: Pet Insurance

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum