D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoiled and Stubborn

5 posters

Go down

Spoiled and Stubborn Empty Spoiled and Stubborn

Post  Charliehorse Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:35 am

Charlie goes through phases with his meals where he picks a "topping" and won't eat his kibble without it. It's been everything from cheese whiz to peanut butter to the more healthy options of sour cream or yogurt. Needless to say, it was getting pretty wasteful if I happened to pick the wrong ingredient since Saint Bernards don't have tiny little 1 cup feedings. After the flies ate his breakfast on Sunday I decided enough was enough, no more sour cream, gravy, cheese, scrambled or raw eggs. You are going to eat your kibble dry! Sunday's supper sat in his bowl until this morning (Saturday!!!) at 3am when I awoke to the unmistakable crunch crunch crunch and snort snort grunt of a Saint devouring a meal. How's that for stubborn?
Charliehorse
Charliehorse

Back to top Go down

Spoiled and Stubborn Empty Re: Spoiled and Stubborn

Post  pattymac Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:57 am

Good stuff...it's amazing how fussy they can get! Bayley used to do that to me, she learned though, you don't eat, then fine it goes away. No cookies, no treats, nothing. Now there are things I know she just doesn't like so she doesn't get it. Fish is one, I never buy her anything fish now.

pattymac

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:09 pm

Wow, glad you were so persistent. I would start getting nervous but they say when they are hungry they will eat.
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:36 pm

A dog isn't going to starve to death with a bowl of food in front of him. Be careful of giving raw eggs though, thats a big no-no as they can get salminella. Maybe we should have a thread of the bad foods for dogs. Bailey just ate a small bunch of grapes I had picked and left by the front door to put away later, another no-no that I had totally forgotten about till she did it. ughhh
Hummingbird Hollow
Hummingbird Hollow

http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:32 pm

I accidentally fed a dog half a chocolate bar about 5 years ago. Had no idea chocolate was bad and almost got my but whooped by the owner...Luckily she was ok.
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  neVar Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Your right to do it.

Most dogs won't starve themselves (I do have one who will- he's 40 pounds and will refuse food for a week- but he's got IBD)

and no treats til he eats!

stay strong
neVar
neVar

http://www.RavenwoodTack.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum