D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Howdy from Haultain

4 posters

Go down

Howdy from Haultain Empty Howdy from Haultain

Post  sift Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:59 pm

I guess this is where I put the list.... Smile

My boyfriend and I have four dogs; his two 4 y/o Siberian Huskies (Mika & Luna) and my 2 y/o American Bulldog x Staffordshire Terrier mix (Cassius) and 1 y/o mini long haired dachshund (Bennett). I'm hoping to add a new Doberman Pinscher (they're my favourite breed!!) puppy to the family just as soon as things get a little more settled (we're working on finishing our current house and moving to an acreage).

I currently do obedience training with Cassius and hope to possibly get involved with tracking and pulling. He's a busy boy and likes to have a job to do! My boyfriend is thinking of buying a small dogsled for this winter and teaching his girls the joys of their heritage and Bennett is great at being the resident lap dog!

Nice to meet everyone and I can't wait until this becomes a more popular, frequented site. I think it could do great things for Saskatoon dog owners!!
sift
sift

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Haultain Empty Re: Howdy from Haultain

Post  Desjardo Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Welcome!
Wow, what a great bunch of dogs! I love dobermans as well!
Hope you enjoy your time here. Feel free to make any suggestions that may help us create a bigger better community!
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:57 pm

welcome; a full house at your place! Where do you do obedience? What do you think of it? Sledding sounds like fun.
Hummingbird Hollow
Hummingbird Hollow

http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Haultain Empty Thanks for the warm welcome!

Post  sift Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:26 am

I do obedience classes at Buena Vista and thoroughly enjoy the learning atmosphere and approaches. They do a lot of work with the bigger, more stubborn breeds and really understand that appropriate correction goes hand in hand with positive reinforcement. Smile I quite enjoy obedience and think it should be a basic requirement for any dog owner, to tell you the truth. There'd be a lot fewer dogs in shelters if people would attend one puppy or beginner obedience class.
sift
sift

Back to top Go down

Post  Hummingbird Hollow Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:13 am

Isn't that the truth!! I walk the dogs boarded here at least twice, usually three times a day. Wow, some are so well trained, but lots don't have any idea at all. I've only had one here that was too strong and untrained that I just couldnt' walk him ( A boxer X american staff.)

My husband and I have enjoyed many walks with our dogs, and I don't think it would be nearly as fun if they dragged us instead. Its also for their safety as well, if they bolted when they had the chance they would be gonners now for sure!
Hummingbird Hollow
Hummingbird Hollow

http://hbhollow.ca

Back to top Go down

Post  sift Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:24 am

It's super frustrating to meet dogs (especially the big, powerful breeds like Boxers, Staffies, Mastiffs, Rotties, etc.) that don't have any leash manners or any manners, period! As a big breed owner myself (Cassius is a Staffie x American Bulldog and I grew up with Dobermans) I think that large dog owners should take steps to ensure that their dogs are better behaved than everyone else's. We all need to be ambassadors!

I'll get off my soapbox now. Embarassed
sift
sift

Back to top Go down

Post  Meathead Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:30 am

That picture of your dog is AWESOME! I love it! What kind of dog is it?
Meathead
Meathead

Back to top Go down

Post  sift Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:31 am

Meathead wrote:That picture of your dog is AWESOME! I love it! What kind of dog is it?

Aww, thanks. That's Cassius, my American Bulldog x Staffordshire Terrier mix.
sift
sift

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum