D.O.G.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just saying Hi..

2 posters

Go down

Just saying Hi.. Empty Just saying Hi..

Post  DragynGurl Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:39 am

Hello everyone, my name is Tamara. I'm 26 and my boyfriend and I live in the Avalon area (after this weekend), and we have a 5.5 yr old pitbull named Gus and a 3 month old Doberman Terrier cross named Elli Mae. Out on my parents farm I also have my 12.5 yr old e.springer spaniel Nikota and her 6.5 yr old daughter Roxy. I have had dogs basically my whole life and both springers are of my own breeding programs that unfortunately I believe I am done doing. Anyways.. thanks for stopping by.
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Just saying Hi.. Empty Re: Just saying Hi..

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 am

Sounds like a great pack!
It must have been hard leaving the dogs on the farm, although taking them off the farm probabaly wouldn't be so good either.
Hope to hear more from you and your dogs. The "Just showing off" section is dedicated to showing off your pet if you would like to share some pics...
We have also just had our first meeting at Hummingbird Hollow last night and it was great! We did about 20mins obedience and 20mins agility. Completely free and informal for now.
Take a look around and feel free to post your thoughts!
Welcome! cheers
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  DragynGurl Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Thanks.
It is incredibly hard leaving my other pets behind, but I know they are happier and healthier staying in the situation they have been in their whole lives, instead of uprooting them now and putting them in a totally different household/pack. Plus I go an visit with them a couple times a month, as well as stay at the farm when my parents are gone.
Elli just started puppy kindergarten last night, she did great. And Gus has obedience classes on saturdays with me, he amazes me sometimes with how smart he CAN be, and 2 seconds later how much of a moron he can be.. does anyone else have a pitbull and find them to be the same way? Gus is an incredibly hyper active for his age and has a lot of anxiety issues we are trying to work on.
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:05 pm

I am sure they love the visits and are quite happy staying in that environment.
So where does Elli attend kindergarten? Sounds fun!
I am not too sure about pitbulls. My firends had several and they were always very unpredictable but I think that was more a reflection of thier owner. I know that Rotti's tend to drift quite often but its kinda cute....lol
Anxiety is tough but at least she has an owner who is working on it.
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  DragynGurl Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:27 pm

They aren't as fond of the visits when I bring Elli with me, which is all the time I go there now, though they are starting to accept her. Elli's kindergarten is at Paws'n'train, thurs eve's. Gus's obedience class is there on sat's.
Before Gus I really didn't know any pitbulls at all, but he's a sweetheart and such a good dog with other dogs, esp his little "sister" Elli.
Gus has separation anxiety, he's a totally different dog when he's "dad" isn't around, though he's starting to realize his "mom" is an okay person too, lol.

Just saying Hi.. DSCF0775

Gus and his Lil' sister Elli Mae relaxing.
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Desjardo Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 am

Thats great that you are considerate of Gus and work with him.
Very cute dogs! Gus is very handsome boy!
Desjardo
Desjardo

Back to top Go down

Post  DragynGurl Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:30 am

thanks. I'm trying to be consistent and understanding with him, but he's a lot of work some days.
DragynGurl
DragynGurl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum